Natural hair color – Amla
In acc. Ayurveda amla is a plant No.1 for natural hair and scalp nurishing. It’s a natural solution against getting hair grey or even losing them. It’s full of antioxidants, vitamin C and tanins.
Natural amla can not be used solely for hair dying, but only together with henna (or with henna and indigo) to get coffee colour shades.
Weight: 200 g
Color pallet for mixing vegetable powders – here 🙂
Usage instructions for hair treatment:
- You prepare a mixture of amla powder and water (like other powders) and leave it for 15 minutes in a room temperature. Then you apply it on your pre washed hair and wrap them with a foil. After 1 hour you wash your hair with warm water.
Usage instructions for face mask (tighten skin, anti-inflammation, antibacterial):
- You take 1 spoon (or 20 g) of amla powder and mix with water to get a homogenous paste. You apply it directly on your face. After 20 minutes you gently wash it away with additional amount of warm water.
Usage instructions for hair dying:
- You put additional amount of amla powder in a bowl (plastic, ceramic or glass with lid) together with other vegetable powders. You mix powders with liquid (aqua or tea). Aqua should be warm max 60°C. You mix everything with wooden spoon to get a homogenous paste with density of joghurt. You apply it on your pre washed hair and leave for at least 1 hour, protected with plastic foil or cap.
- For a better result or in a case of grey hair: when you prepare amla paste in a bowl, you close the bowl with lid (or plastic foil) and leave it on a room temperature for 24 hours. After that you apply it on your head and leave for at least 4 hours.
- The amount of powder depends on how long your hair are: 60 g of powder for shorter hair (or hair roots), 100-150 g for medium to long hair.
- When dying is completed, you wash your hair in a normal way as long as aqua gets clear, using shampoo to wash away all mixture. Then you dry your hair.
- The colour shade will develop within next 48 hours after applying.
- Before using any vegetable powders on your hair, it’s not recommended to use shampoo or conditioner with silicone. They can avoid the natural pigments to penetrate inside of your hair.